Summarization of New Parking Ordinance
Except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or in compliance with law or the directions of a police officer or official traffic control device, no person shall:
Stop, stand or park a vehicle:
- On the roadway side of a vehicle stopped or parked at the edge or curb of a street;
- On a sidewalk;
- Within an intersection;
- On a crosswalk;
- Within a safety zone;
- Alongside or opposite any street excavation or obstruction when stopping, standing or parking would obstruct traffic;
- Upon any bridge or elevated structure;
- On any controlled-access highway or road;
- In the area between roadways of a divided highway, including crossovers; or
- At any place where official traffic control devices prohibit stopping.
Stand or park a vehicle, whether occupied or not, except to momentarily pick up or discharge passengers or actually engaged in loading or unloading property:
- In front of a public or private driveway;
- Within 15 feet of a fire hydrant;
- Within 20 feet of a crosswalk at an intersection;
- Within 30 feet upon the approach to any flashing signal, stop sign, yield sign or traffic control signal located at the side of a roadway;
- Within 20 feet of the driveway entrance to any fire station and on the side of a street opposite to any fire station within 75 feet of the entrance when properly signposted; or
- At any place where official traffic control devices prohibit stopping, standing or parking.
Unlawful to park on left side of street
No vehicle shall park with its left side to the curb on any street in the Town.
Manner of Parking
On all streets where vehicular parking is permitted, parking shall be on the right-hand side of the street with reference to the direction with which the vehicle is headed, and parallel to and with right side wheels adjacent to the street curb or sidewalk, except where official traffic control devices permit angled parking. Emergency vehicles on official duties are exempt from this section.