Police Report Retrieval
Anyone can get a copy of a police report by coming into the police department Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (excluding holidays) the police department is located at 1748 Paris Ave. Port Royal, SC 29935. The charge for a police report is $5.00 per copy; victims are not charged. Fees must be paid at the town hall prior to the report being released.
Please allow time for your report to be processed for release. Reports are submitted by patrol officers daily per standard operating procedures. Once submitted, reports must be reviewed and approved by supervisors, it may take 3 to 5 days for your report to be ready for release. Accident reports may take longer as these reports are submitted to the State of South Carolina Office of Highway Safety. Accidents reports may also be obtained online at buycrash.com.
How do I get a copy of a report?
- In person at 1748 Paris Ave. Port Royal, SC 29935
- By mail. Send a self addressed stamped envelope with your request to P.O. Box 576 Port Royal, SC 29935
- Online at the Request a copy of your report page
Tips to assist you in obtaining your report:
- Have your case report number that was given to you by the reporting officer
- If you do not know your case number you will need to provide an incident location, date and time and/or your identification if you were named in the report.
SC Freedom of Information Act Requests:
If you are not a party involved and named in a report you will need to submit a SC Freedom of Information Act request form. Please allow up to 30 days to process your request.