The Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBOA) has the following powers and duties:
- Administrative Appeals: To hear and decide Appeals where it is alleged there is error in an order, requirement, decision, or determination made by an Administrative Official in the enforcement of this Code (see Division 8.5);
- To hear and decide requests for Variance from the requirements of this Code when strict application of the provisions of the Ordinance would result in unnecessary hardship (see Section 8.6.20);
- To hear and decide requests for Variance from the requirements of Chapter 9 of the Town of Port Royal Code of Ordinances, Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance.
Agendas & Minutes
Agenda and Minutes ZBOA
- 1st Monday of every month as needed
- Rose Bennett, term exp. 2025
- Scot Clark, term exp. 2024
- Dennis Isherwood, term exp. 2025
- Philip LaFountain, term exp. 2023
- Brian Stevens, term exp. 2023
ZBOA members are volunteers appointed by the Port Royal Town Council and serve a three (3) year term which expires on June 30th of the applicable year.